Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Easter Basket

When I was a little girl my Meme gave my sister, my brother and I wooden Easter baskets that year after year would be filled with goodies from the Easter Bunny. It was always a special time for us and a tradition that was exciting throughout our childhood. I love the idea of starting family traditions now that I have a son. As Easter rolls around I knew I had to make him an Easter basket he could use throughout his childhood. 
   
I found this blue basket at JoAnn's and got the accessories there as well.
*Two sheets of scrapbook paper
*Ribbon
*Raindrop and alphabet stickers
*Two wooden eggs and a wooden bunny
(I had the brushes, Mod Podge, paint and glue gun on hand.)
I started by covering the bottom of the basket in 'grass'. I cut it to size and Mod Podged it down. Then I cut strips of the striped paper. I Mod Podged them on the handle and the inside rim. I then put the ribbon around the top and bottom outside rims. I painted the eggs and Easter Bunny then I hot glued them on the basket handle.
Hopefully my little guy will come to love his Easter basket year after year!



No comments:

Post a Comment