Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Covered Composition Notebook

My sweet little neighbor is turning 7 in early November. I wanted to make her gift, something special. I decided on an art case with color pencils and a notebook. I started with the easy part- the notebook!
I found the cutest and easiest directions at A Girl and A Glue Gun. The entire process only uses a hot glue gun, NO SEWING! An exciting concept!
I started with two coordinating fat quarters, ribbon, buttons and the notebook.
It is as easy as wrapping the fabric around and gluing it down. She also included a piece of fabric over the inside cover to finish it off. I added a strap with velcro to seal it. Then wrapped a ribbon around the notebook and glued some buttons in the form of a flower. I also wrote her name in fabric paint above the ribbon.
Super easy project that I hope will bring some creative inspiration! Stay tuned for the Art Case!
Thanks Kimbo, I copied that!


No comments:

Post a Comment